This medicine contains the active ingredient naftifine which belongs to a group of medicines called antifungal agents (antimycotic) for use on the skin. These medicines are used to treat and prevent fungal and yeast infections by invading the affected areas of the skin and killing the fungi or impeding their growth. Naftifine also has an antibacterial effect against various gram-positive and gram-negative organisms usually found in connection with fungal disease. Naftifine is used to treat
- fungal diseases of the skin and skin folds,
- fungal diseases between the toes,
- fungal diseases of toe nails,
- skin diseases caused by yeasts,
- pityriasis versicolor caused by Pityrosporon orbiculare, and mycoses caused by secondary bacterial infection,
- inflammatory skin fungal diseases (with or without itching).
Is Naftifine suitable for me?
Naftifine is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you have an allergy (hypersensitivity) to naftifine, or other ingredient of this medicine
- if it is meant for children and adolescents under 12 years
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
Naftifine interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Naftifine?
This medicine is available in form of cutaneous solution.
You should use naftifine exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- The solution shall be used once a day to the affected skin and surrounding area after cleaning and drying.
- It is recommended to use twice a day for fungal nail infections.
- It should not be used longer than 4 weeks.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Do not apply two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Naftifine side effects?
Like all medicines naftifine can cause side effects at the application site, including:
- feeling of dryness, redness or burning
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.