This medicine contains the active ingredients Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium acidophilus. This medicine is a probiotic containing two varieties of lactic acid bacteria that are responsible for establishing and maintaining balance and function of the intestinal flora. Lactic acid bacteria are normally found in the small and large intestine where they maintain the acid-alkaline balance necessary for the normal functioning of the digestive system enzymes (normal digestion), the human immune system and intestinal motility (peristalsis). In addition, they prevent the multiplication of harmful bacteria. This medicine is used as a prevention and additional therapy in case of diarrhea, flatulence and other digestive disorders caused by disruption of the balance of intestinal microflora caused by viral and bacterial gastrointestinal infections in infants, children and adults (eg, rotavirus infections, traveler's diarrhea); treatment with broad-spectrum antibiotics and chemotherapeutics; radiation of abdominal and pelvic organs.
Is Linex Forte suitable for me?
Linex Forte is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you are allergic to Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium acidophilus or other ingredients of this medicine
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- are pregnant, breastfeeding
- have a body temperature above 38 ° C
- notice blood or mucus in the stool
- have diarrhea more than two days
- have diarrhea that is accompanied by severe abdominal pain
- have diarrhea and other chronic diseases (eg, diabetes, cardiovascular disease) or a reduced immune resistance (eg, HIV infection)
- it is meant for a child under 6 years
Linex Forte interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Linex Forte?
This medicine is available in form of a capsule.
You should take Linex Forte exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Infants and children up to 2 years: one capsule once a day.
- Children from 2 to 12 years: one capsule once or twice a day (in the morning and in the evening, depending on the severity of symptoms).
- Adults and children over 12 years: one capsule one to three times a day (in the morning, noon and evening, depending on the severity of symptoms).
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Linex Forte side effects?
Like all medicines Linex Forte can cause side effects, including:
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.