Buy Generic Norlutate (Norethisterone)
Active ingredient: norethindrone acetate
Product Code: PR10872
What is Norlutate?
It is a man made progestin, used for the treatment of endometriosis that is a condition in which the tissues, that line the uterus or womb area start to grow in other parts of the body and this causes pain and heavy plus irregular menstruation. It is also used to treat the abnormal period cycle or the women, who do not undergo menstrual cycle. It is also used to test whether the body is secreting the particular female hormones or not. Moreover, it is used for avoiding pregnancy.
Classification and Mechanism of Action
As it is a progestin, therefore, it is a steroid hormone and has the same effect as progesterone. It works in the body by stopping gonadotropin production from the pituitary gland. It is FDA approved since April, 1892.
How it is used?
It comes in the form of a tablet and taken orally. Its dosage depends upon the condition of the patient and how well is Norlutate working on the patient’s body. If you are using it to cure endometriosis, then it is suggested to take one tablet per day for at least 6 to 9 months. When it is used to balance or regulate the period cycle of a woman, then it is recommended to be taken once a day for 5-10 days in the 2nd half of the planned cycle. Take the medication as directed and try not to under dose or overdose the suggested amount.
- Do not take it if you are allergic to Norlutate.
- If you’re taking any prescription or non-prescription medications like vitamins or nutritional tonics etc, then tell your doctor and take his/her advice.
- Tell your health care provider, if you recently had any sort of surgery likes breast cancer treatment.
- If you’ve unexplained vaginal bleeding or had a recent abortion, then discuss this with the doctor.
- Do not take it if you’re pregnant, planning to have pregnancy or if your are a nursing mother.
- Avoid taking it if you smoke cigarettes.
The most common side effects are
- Irregular bleeding or spotting
- Weight loss
- Upset stomach
- Enlarges breasts
- Growth of facial hair
- Changes in period cycle and flow
And some uncommon but severe side effects are as follows. It is suggested that if you experience them, contact with your doctor immediately.
- Blurred vision or loss of vision
- Migraine headache
- Sudden sharp or crushing chest pain
- Swelling of limbs
- Brown patches on the face
- Depression and mood swings
- Rash and itching
- Difficulty breathing and swallowing