This medicine contains 300 mg of the active ingredient Myrtol standardized which is phytotherapeutic extract (distillate) (mixture of essential oils of eucalyptus, sweet orange, myrtle and lemon). Myrtol liquefies viscous and impacted secretions, stimulates and facilitates their expectoration. It also has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. It is used in mild forms of acute and chronic bronchitis and sinusitis, and as adjunctive therapy for severe cases of acute and chronic bronchitis and sinusitis.
Is Gelomyrtol Forte suitable for me?
Gelomyrtol Forte is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to Myrtol standardized, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
Gelomyrtol Forte interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Gelomyrtol Forte?
This medicine is available in form of gastro-resistant capsule, soft.
You should take Gelomyrtol Forte exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist. The dose will be prescribed according to your condition and needs.
- In acute inflammatory conditions, take 1 capsule 3-4 times a day. In chronic conditions, take 1 capsule twice a day. For facilitation of morning expectoration, in cases of chronic bronchitis, take 1 additional capsule in the evening, before bedtime.
- Children under 10 years should be given half of each of the abovementioned doses recommended for adults.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Gelomyrtol Forte side effects?
Like all medicines Gelomyrtol Forte can cause side effects, including:
- digestive problems
- moving of the existing kidney stones and gallstones
- hypersensitivity reactions (skin rash, facial swelling, and difficulty breathing and circulatory disturbances)
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.