Forcan 150 & 200 Mg (Fluconazole)
Also known as: Generic Diflucan 150 mg
Active ingredient: Fluconazole
Packaging Type: 1 tab/blister
Manufacturer : Cipla
Product Code: PR10098
This drug is used to treat certain yeast and fungal infections. It is also used to prevent vaginal candidiasis, oropharyngeal and esophageal candidiasis, systematic candidiasis and cryptococcal meningitis.
Classification and Mechanism of Action
The active ingredient in Forcan is Fluconazole. Forcan is available in the form of tablets which contain 150 mg and 200 mg of Fluconazole respectively. It is an antifungal and slows the growth of fungi that cause infection. This drug prevents the formation of the fungal cell membrane to stop the growth of certain fungi.
How to take Forcan 150 mg
- This medication should be inhaled or taken by mouth
- It can be taken with or without food
- It is better to take it at the same time daily
- The recommended dose for oropharyngeal candidiasis is 200mg the first day followed by 100 mg once daily
- The recommended dose for esophageal candidiasis is 200mg the first day followed by 100 mg once daily
- The recommended dose for vaginal candidiasis is 150mg that should be taken once
- The recommended dose for systematic candidiasis is 200mg the first day followed by 100 mg once daily
Go to the nearest emergency room or contact your doctor.
In case you miss a dose, and it is time to take the next dose then you should skip the missed dose and do not take 2 doses at a time.
Warnings and Precautions
Before taking this medication, you need to notify your doctor because very serious interactions may occur if you are already using any of the following medications:
- Aldosterone blocker
- Ergot alkaloid
- Macrolide immunosuppressants
Common Side Effects
Some of the other common side effects of this drug are as follows:
- Abdominal pain
Severe Side Effects
Here is a list of severe side effects of this medicine:
- Tight chest
- Difficulty in breathing
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Dark urine
- Pale stools
When Forcan (Fluconazole) should not be used
You should inform your doctor if
- You are allergic to any ingredient in Forcan (Fluconazole)
- You are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- You drink alcohol
- You are breastfeeding
- You have kidney or liver disease
How long should you take Forcan 150 mg?
Strictly follow the dosing schedule and take this drug exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this drug without consulting your doctor.