This medicine contains two active ingredients, policresulen and cinchocaine. Policresulen is a topical hemostatic and antiseptic. It is used for common anal disorders, such as hemorrhoids, and for gynecological infections, and cinchocaine, the other active ingredient of this medicine is an amide local anesthetic. This medicine is used for the treatment of hemorrhoids, especially in cases when the hemorrhoids are combined with inflammation and bleeding, in the treatment of anal rupture, anal fissure (minor injury of the lining of the colon), itching and eczema caused by anorectal conditions, in the treatment of postoperative wounds in proctology.
Is Faktu suitable for me?
Faktu is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you are allergic to policresulen, cinchocaine, or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
Faktu interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Faktu?
This medicine is available in form of ointment and suppository.
You should take Faktu exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- You should apply the ointment to the affected area 2 to 3 times a day.
- You should insert a suppository into the rectum 2-3 times per day. After improvement of symptoms, treatment may be continued with one suppository per day.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Do not miss any doses and take the medicine at the same time each day. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Faktu side effects?
Like all medicines Faktu can cause side effects, including:
- feeling of discomfort
- stinging or itching
- allergic hypersensitivity reactions
- inflammatory skin redness (erythema)
- constant itching (pruritus)
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.