Cefaclor (Generic Ceclor) 125 , 250 & 500 Mg
This medicine contains the active ingredient cefaclor which belongs to a group of medicines called antibiotics. These antibiotics are used to stop several bacterial infections by destroying bacteria and preventing their growth. Antibiotics are widely used for the treatment of bacterial infections such as infection of the ears, urinary tract, skin, respiratory tract.
Is Cefaclor suitable for me?
Cefaclor is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you are allergic to cefaclor or to other ingredients of this medicine
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- are pregnant, planning to get pregnant, or breastfeeding
- are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- have diarrhea, a stomach infection, or a blood clotting disorder
- have phenylketonuria
- have had a severe allergic reaction to a penicillin antibiotic or other beta-lactam antibiotic
Cefaclor interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Cefaclor?
This medicine is available in form of a capsule and granules for oral suspension.
You should take cefaclor exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- The usual dose is 250 mg every eight hours three times a day (every 8 hours). In the case of more severe infections, the dose will be increased to 500 mg three times a day.
- The maximum dose for children is usually 250 mg three times a day.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Also, this medicine works best if there is a constant amount in the blood. To help keep this amount constant, do not miss any doses and take the medicine at the same time each day. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Cefaclor side effects?
Like all medicines cefaclor can cause side effects, including:
Common side effects:
- genital pruritus or vaginitis
- feeling sick
- skin rash
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.