Generic Canespor (Bifonazole)
Active ingredient: Bifonazole
Product Code: Generic Canespor (Bifonazole)
This medicine contains 1 % of the active ingredient bifonazole which belongs to a group of medicines called imidazoles or anti-fungal agents. These medicines are used to treat and prevent fungal and yeast infections by invading the affected areas of the skin and killing the fungi or impeding their growth. Bifonazole is used to treat fungal infections of the skin such as infection known as tinea (ringworm), athlete's foot and fungal sweat rash.
Is Bifonazole suitable for me?
Bifonazole is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- if you have an allergy (hypersensitivity) to bifonazole, or other ingredient of this medicine
- if your baby has nappy rash, seek your doctor’s advice for a suitable treatment
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- have ever had an allergic reaction to any antifungal product.
Bifonazole interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I use Bifonazole?
This medicine is available in form of cream.
You should use bifonazole exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- The cream is applied once a day to the affected area, in a thin layer.
- Treatment should be continued for 2-3 weeks, depending on the type of infection.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Do not apply two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Bifonazole side effects?
Like all medicines bifonazole can cause side effects at the application site, including:
- allergic reactions
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.