Buy Generic Paludrine (Proguanil)
Product Code: PR10898
Paludrine drugs contain an active ingredient, known as proguanil hydrochloride, which is a popular antimalarial medicine. This medicine is used for preventing malaria.Classification and Mechanism of Action
This drug is a slow-acting blood schizonticidal and acts via its active metabolite, cycloguanil.Looking after your drug
- Store it away from heat and moisture.
- Store it at room temperature
How to take the medication
- Take this medicine after meals with water for minimizing adverse effects.
- You can crush the tablet and mix it with jam, honey or milk, when giving to young children.
- Take the medicine at least a day before arrival in a malarious area, then take this medicine every day while staying in the malarious area and continue to take medicine daily for 1 and a half month after leaving the malarious area
- Complete the full course of this drug therapy
- For adolescent and adult, the usual dose is 100 mg daily.
- For infants up to 1 year, the dosage is 25 mg daily
- For Children who are 1 - 4 years, the dosage is 50 mg daily.
- For Children who are 5 - 8 years, the dosage is 75 mg daily.
- For Children who are 9 - 12 years, the dosage is 100 mg daily.
Seek urgent medical help in case you overdose this medicine.Missed Dose
You can take the missed dose of Proguanil as soon as you remember. In case, if it is almost the time for the next dose, then you should skip the missed dose. Never take an additional dose to make up the missed dose.Warnings and Precautions
- You should take personal protection measures for preventing malaria, for instance
- Remain in well-screened or air-conditioned rooms for reducing contact with mosquito
- Sleep under the mosquito netting
- Wear appropriate clothing to protect the legs and the arms when mosquitoes are out
- You should apply mosquito repellents to uncovered areas of skin
Possible Side Effects
Here is a list of some possible side effects associated with the use of this drug.
- Skin rashes
- Disturbances of the gut, for example, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, constipation, or vomiting
- Hair loss
- Inflammation of the stomatitis (lining of the mouth).
- Mouth ulcers.
When the drug should not be used
You should not take this medicine if you have a history of epilepsy