Buy Cogentin Online
Product Code: PR10920
WHAT IS Cogentin?
Cogentin (Benztropine) is a synthetic drug, available in oral, injection and powder form. It is used to treat Parkinson’s disease, side effects of other drugs and involuntary movements. It is also used as a remedial measure for tremors, spasms, stiffness of muscles and drooling. The side effects of chlorpromazine and perphenazine and other such drugs are also managed with Benztropine.
CLASSIFICATION AND MECHANISM OF ACTION
Benztropine is an antagonist of acetylcholine at the cholinergic synapses. It is associated with medication class known as anticholinergics. Its actions include the blockage of acetylcholine, muscle contraction, stiffness and spasms, increased saliva production, stimulation of sweating and improvement of the walking capabilities.
HOW TO TAKE Cogentin (Benztropine)?
- Use only after proper prescription by a doctor.
- Take it preferably with food if prescribed orally.
- The oral dose must be measured in an oral syringe or medicine cup
The usual dose is prescribed for two to four times a day in accordance with meals. Though the initial dosage is low but the intake is adjusted by the doctor depending on the patient’s symptoms.
- 0.5 to 2mg per day for adults
- 0.02 to 0.05 mg/kg per day for children above than 3 years of age
- The drug must not be given to children less than 3 years of age.
In case of overdose, emergency or poison control center must be contacted directly. The effects of over dosage include
- Sightlessness/widening of pupils/pain in eyes
- Severe hallucinations/loss of consciousness/delusions
- Damp/cold skin
- bleeding from nose
- Tiredness/numbness/tingling in muscles
- Rough breathing
- If at any time the dose is mistakenly missed, it must be taken instantly.
- Do not take the missed dose if the time for the next dose is near.
- Never double dose in an effort to compensate for the missed dose.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- The drug must not be taken during pregnancy or should be discontinued if already on benztropine therapy.
- The doctor must be taken detailed history of other medical issues or use of any other pain killers/sleeping pills.
- Avoid its use before performing job and tasks which seek attention such as driving.
- Avoid hot weather.
- Inform the doctor immediately if stiffness and muscle weakness develop.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this drug.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Common Side Effects
- Chemical imbalance in nervous system causing memory complications and mood swings
- Feelings of excessive excitement/nervousness/drowsiness
- Mild dryness of mouth
- Numbness in fingers of hand/feet
- Dual vision
Severe Side Effects
- Severe headache
- Pain/cramps in abdomen/stomach
- Hotness and dryness of eyes/skin
- Less and painful urination
- Trouble speaking/swallowing/concentrating/sleeping
- Acute high fever
- Rapid heartbeat
- Loss of appetite
WHEN Cogentin (Benztropine) SHOULD NOT BE USED?
- Strictly prohibited for use in children less than 3 years of age.
- If any allergic reaction takes place.
HOW LONG SHOULD YOU TAKE Cogentin (Benztropine)?
Dosage is to be strictly followed as instructed by the doctor. It is advised not to discontinue the drug without seeking advice from the doctor.