Fenered 5Mg & 1Mg (Finasteride)
Active ingredient: Finasteride
Packaging Type: 10 tabs/blister
Manufacturer : RSM Enterprises
Product Code: PR10090
Fenered (Generic: Propecia)
The medicine is used to treat pattern baldness in males. This is the premier drug which has been approved by FDA to treat the hair loss treatment in men. Intended patients for this drug are men since it is a gender specific drug. It helps re-growth of lost hair and slows down the hair loss. It is also used to treat certain conditions, including enlarged prostate gland.
Classification and Mechanism of Action
The drug is classified as type II and type III 5-α reductase inhibitor. 5-α reductase is an enzyme that converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). A six month course of this medicine can show up to 30% improvement in the conditions of hair loss and pattern baldness in men. Certain improvement is reliant upon the period for which the drug is taken.
How to take Fenered
Take this medicine orally with water and as prescribed by your doctor.
The recommended dose of Fenered is one tablet (1 mg) taken on a daily basis.
Heavy overdose of Fenered needs to be treated immediately to avoid any unforeseen circumstances.
To get the intended results, try not to miss any dose. Regularity of dosage will ensure better results. However, if you forgot to take your medicine in time, then take it as soon you remember, but do not double your dose at one time.
Warnings and Precautions
Caution is recommended in the cases as appended below:
- Men with liver disorder should let their physician know about their health. This drug may cause hepatitis if you have a liver disease history. However, this condition is rarely reported.
- Broken or crushed medicine should not be handled by pregnant women.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Common Side Effects
Common side effects of Fenered may be listed as follows:
- Loss of libido, however the position gets set, after discontinuation of the medication.
- Lack of healthy sperms in semen
- Erectile dysfunction
- Liver inflammation in the men who have a history of liver disorder.
When Fenered should not be used?
Do not use the drug if any one of the following conditions persists:
- You are newly married and planning to have a baby
- You are suffering from heart disease & liver disorder
How long should you take Fenered?
Minimum of six months medication ensures substantial results. However, follow the prescription of the physician to cater the varying needs.