Product Code: PR10922
What is the Dutas-T (Dutasteride/Tamsulosin)?
The Dutas-T is a medication dominantly used to treat benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (enlarged prostate), irregular patterns of urination and complications such as a weak stream or bladder weakness. It is also commonly used to treat hair loss (Male Pattern Baldness).
Classification and Mechanism of Action
Dutasteride is a product of GlaxoSmithKline. It is a triple 5α-reductase inhibitor that constrains the transformation of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This medicine is available in the form of two different capsules: Dutasteride (0.5mg) and Tamisulosin (0.4 mg).
Looking after your drug
This drug should be stored in a cool, dry place (preferably at room temperature) away from direct sunlight.
How to take the medication (Dosage)
This drug is usually taken orally once per day or as directed by a physician. The medication should be taken (approximately 30 minutes after the same meal each day), along with a full glass of water to prevent an upset stomach. The capsules should be swallowed whole and not chewed or crushed.
In case of overdose or suspicion of overdose, contact your physician or healthcare provider immediately or seek emergency medical attention straightaway.If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as soon you remember. However, if you don’t remember within the following day, skip it.
Warnings and Precautions
- Dutas-T (Dutasteride/Tamsulosin) stays in the blood stream for 4 to 6 months after you stop taking it. Thus, you should not donate blood until 6 months after you've stopped taking this drug.
- Possible symptoms of an allergic reaction due to Dutas-T (Dutasteride/Tamsulosin) include difficulty in breathing, swelling, skin rashes, hives and chest tightness. In that case, you should contact nearest emergency center or doctor.
- Take this drug exactly as you have been advised by your doctor. The recommended dosage of this drug should not be altered in any case.
- Don’t use the drug if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Possible Side Effects
- Impedes sex drive
- Decreased amount of semen
- Breast enlargement
- Blurred vision
- Painful long-lasting erection
- Erectile dysfunction
When Dutas-T should not be used:
- If you are under 20 or if you are pregnant
- If you are using other drugs vitamins or supplements, you need to inform your doctor before taking Dutas-T (Dutasteride/Tamsulosin)
How long you should take Dutas-T
The doctor will advise you on the basis of responsiveness to the drug.