Aziderm Cream (Azelaic Acid)
Packaging Type: 15 g tube
Manufacturer : Micro Labs Ltd
Product Code: PR10211
AZIDERM CREAM (AZELAIC ACID)
WHAT IS THIS DRUG?
Aziderm cream (Azelaic acid) is a saturated acid from the group of dicarboxylic acid. It is exclusively prescribed for specific skin treatment in case of rosacea and acne to eliminate the bacteria causing it. This drug occurs naturally as an acid and works for diminishing the formation of blackheads and pimples.
CLASSIFICATION AND MECHANISM OF ACTION
Azelaic’s mechanism action is still not known. It is predicted that there might be an involvement of microbial cellular protein synthesis. It is an inhibitor of tyrosinase.
HOW TO TAKE THE MEDICATION?
- Follow the dosing schedule as prescribed by the doctor.
- Before applying this cream wash your hands.
- Refresh the area affected with the help of soap less cleansing lotion/mild soap and dry it with a soft towel.
- Do not cover the affected skin area after using the cream over it.
The usual application dose is prescribed for one or two times a day in morning/evening. The initial dosage is adjusted by the doctor depending on the patient’s skin condition. A light and thin film of the cream should be applied on a regular basis.
- For adults, 15% to 20% of the cream/gel
- For children less than 12 years of age the use of this drug are subjected to life-saving emergency.
In case of overdose, contact your nearest emergency or poison control center.
- Do not take the missed dose if the time for the next dose is near.
- Never take double doses in an effort for the sufficiency of missed doses.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- The use of this drug is accepted risk-free during pregnancy, but however one must be cautious.
- The doctor must be acknowledged about the other medical issues or any other medications and supplements taken.
- Inform the doctor immediately if there is any allergic reaction.
- It is not safe for children under 12 years of age.
- The drug might cause changes in the color of skin, esp. In dark complexions. If it does, the doctor must be informed.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Common Side Effects
Severe Side Effects
- Rapid changes in skin color
- Dreadful burning/stinging/warmth
- Awful itching/tingling
- Extreme redness/dryness/peeling/irritation
WHEN THE DRUG SHOULD NOT BE USED?
- In case of hypersensitivity, the use must be stopped immediately.
- Strictly prohibited to be used in children of less than 12 years of age.
HOW LONG SHOULD YOU TAKE THE DRUG?
Dosage is to be strictly followed as instructed by the doctor. It is advised not to discontinue the drug without seeking advice from the doctor.
HOW TO LOOK AFTER THE DRUG?
- Keep it out of the children’s reach, capped tightly.
- Store in a dry area of cool atmosphere at room temperature.