Generic Ridaura Cost
Active ingredient: auranofin
Product Code: PR10892
Auranofin is a gold compound. It is used to treat severe rheumatoid arthritis in patients who have not been responding to other milder medicines. Auranofin reduces some of the effects of the inflammatory processes going inside the body.
Class of drug
This drug is an organogold compound and it’s classified as an antirheumatic agent
How to take the medication?
Take the drug orally, once or twice a day depending about the mg you are taking. Take it at the same time every day without food.
For adults, the recommended dosage is 6mg per day. You can either have one dose of 6mg or 2 doses of 3mg each in a day.
Take the missed dose as soon as you remember you missed one, unless it is time for the next dose. If so, skip the missed dose but never overdose Auranofin, since it has a lot of the health factors associated with over dosage.
No symptoms of over dosage have yet been identified. However, consult your doctor if you feel you have overdosed the drug.
How long to use the drug?
Use 6mg a day for 6 months. If not response occurs 9mg for 3 months. Discontinue usage if nothing occurs.
How to look after Auranofin?
- Store at a temperature between 59F and 86F.
- Avoid exposure to light and moisture.
- Discard the drug properly and do not flush it in the toilet.
When not to use the drug?
Auranofin should not be used if the following conditions are present in the patient:
- Blood cell disorder
- Breathing disorder
- Bone marrow
- Intestinal problems
- Skin allergies
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Weak immune system
- Kidney or liver diseases
Warnings and Precautions
Auranofin should be used very carefully as it can lower blood cells, which help the body fight against various infections.
- Do not use the drug if you are allergic to gold.
- Let your doctor know your health history completely. If you keep him from something which needs to be considered while prescribing the drug, you can be in serious trouble.
- The drug can cause allergic reactions as well. Discuss in detail with your doctor.
- Do not use the drug if you are pregnant.
- If you have been taking the drug, consult your doctor before you later breastfeed your child.
- Avoid exposure to sun as Auranofin will make you sun sensitive.
- Make sure you wear proper protective clothes and use sunscreen before going out in the sun.
- Do not share the drug with anyone.
Auranofin can have some serious side effects like:
- Skin rashes
- Swelling in gums and tongue
- Severe diarrhea
- Blood while urinating
- Pale skin, followed by bleeding
- Blood in vomit.