Generic Combivir Cost
Product Code: PR10443
Combivir contains a combination of zidovudine and lamivudine and it is an anti-viral medicine. These medications belong to a group of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) medicines known as reverse transcriptase inhibitors. This medicine helps in keeping the HIV virus from multiplying in the body. It is used for treating HIV, which lead to the AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome). However, this medication is not a cure for AIDS or HIV.
Looking after your drug
- Store it away from heat and moisture.
- Store it at room temperature
How to take the medication
- Take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your physician. Do not take in smaller or larger amounts or for than recommended by the doctor. You must follow all the directions on the prescription label.
- You can take Combivir with or without food.
- For Adults, the dosage for HIV Infection is 1 tablet twice a day orally.
- For pediatric (30 kg or more), the dosage for HIV Infection is 1 tablet twice a day orally.
Seek urgent medical help in case you overdose this medicine.
You can take the missed dose of Combivir as soon as you remember. In case, if it is almost the time for the next dose, then you should skip the missed dose. Never take an additional dose to make up the missed dose.
Warnings and Precautions
- Avoid to with people who have infections or who are sick.
- At once consult your doctor if you develop symptoms of infection.
- You should avoid all those activities that can increase your risk of injury or bleeding.
- Be active to prevent bleeding while brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Do not share toothbrushes or razors with anyone. Make sure to not have unprotected sex with your partner.
When the drug should not be used
Do not take this medicine if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this drug or any drug that contains Truvada, lamivudine, Trizvir, zidovudine, Retrovir, emtricitabine, Epzicom, Atripla, Epivir, Complera or Emtriva.
Possible Side Effects
You should take urgent medical help if you have any of these symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as swelling of your throat, tongue, lips or face, hives and difficulty breathing. Some of the less serious side effects of taking this medicine include:
- Cough, sinus pain
- Sneezing, stuffy nose
- General ill feeling
- Diarrhea, nausea