Buy Thorazine Online
Active ingredient: Chlorpromazine
Product Code: PR10916
What is Thorazine?
Thorazine is an anti-psychotic drug that goes by the generic name of Thorazine. It belongs to the family of drugs called phenothiazines. The drug is given to patients with psychotic disorders such as manic disorders, depression, schizophrenia and other such mental health problems in children. Chlorpromazine is a drug that also treats pre-op anxiety, nausea and vomiting symptoms, acute intermittent porphyria, chronic hiccups and tetanus symptoms.
Classification and Mechanism of action
Chlorpromazine (thorazine) is a drug that is classified among the phenothiazine antipsychotics. It works as an antagonist at the dopaminergic and serotonergic synapses, preventing dopamine and serotonin from exerting their effects at their respective receptors.
Looking after the drug
The medication must be stored at room temperature. It should be kept tightly closed, away from light, moisture and heat. Thorazine (Chlorpromazine) should not be placed within the reach of children or in the bathroom.
How to take the medication?
Follow all the directions that are given at the back of the label. It must not be taken less or more than the amount prescribed by the doctor.
IM: Initial dose is 25 mg to 50 mg with repetitions after every 1 hour.
Oral: The initial dose in 10 to 25 mg thrice a day. The increments in the dose should be by 20 to 50 mg after 4 days.
Oral: 10 mg is given to patients 3 to 4 times a day or 25 mg in some cases for 2 to 3 times in a day.
IM: An injection of 2 mg only once.
- Nausea and Vomiting
Oral: 10 to 25 mg after every 4 to 6 hours
IM: 25 mg injection only once.
- Light Sedation
Oral: dose of 20 to 50 mg given 2 to 3 hours before any operation.
IM: 12.5 to 25 mg given 1 to 2 hours before operation.
Oral: 25 to 50 mg given 3 to 4 times a day
IM: The dose is 25 to 50 mg for 2 to 3 days
IV infusion: 500 to 1000 ml
Dosage for Pediatric Use
Oral: a dose of 0.5 to 1 mg given after every 4 to 6 hour.200 mg per day for older children.
Oral: 0.5 to 1 mg given 4 to 6 hours
Overdose with chlorpromazine can result in
- Loss of consciousness
- Hypotension (low blood pressure)
- Tachycardia (increased heart rate)
- Hypothermia (low body temperature)
In case of drug overdose, the patient should be taken to ED at once where treatment with activated charcoal, laxative or nasogastric intubation might be done. You must contact the American Association of Poison Control Centers at 1-800-222-1222 in case of an overdose. Emergency room can also be contacted for immediate help.
If a dose of Thorazine (Chlorpromazine) is missed, take it as soon as you remember it. Do not take two doses together or if its times for the next dose.
Warnings and Precautions
- Discuss all your medical conditions with the doctor before taking this drug.
- It is important that you tell the doctor about your pregnancy or if you plan to have a baby in the future.
- Tell the doctor if you are taking any kind of medications, dietary supplements and herbal products.
- Do not forget to discuss your allergies, if there are any.
- Inform the doctor about your medical history especially if you have been treated for high blood pressure, seizures, liver problem, blood problems and heart problems.
- Also inform the physician if you drink more than 3 glasses of alcohol in one day, Reye syndrome or Parkinson’s disease.
Possible Side Effects
Common side effects
- Dry mouth
- Enlarged pupils
- Stuffy nose
Severe side effects
- Tightness in the chest
- Changes in menstrual period
- Dark urine
- Difficulty swallowing
- Fast or irregular heartbeat
- Sore throat
- Stomach pain
- Trouble urinating
- Unusual mood or mental changes
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
When Thorazine should not be used?
- Do not use the drug if you are a nursing mother because doctors are unaware whether the drug passes into the breast milk or not.
- Stop taking Thorazine if you experience any allergic reaction.
- Do not take the drug in case of severe drowsiness.
- Do not take the drug if you have recently been drunk, taken medicines that cause drowsiness or pain medicines.
How long should you take Thorazine?
The drug must be taken as long as the symptoms persist. Contact your doctor about further guidance.