Sildenafil Actavis 100 Mg
Active ingredient: Sildenafil Citrate
Packaging Type: 4 tabs/blister
Manufacturer : Actavis Inc.
Product Code: PR10033
What Is This Drug?
Sildenafil Actavis is given to male patients who face the problem of erectile dysfunction; the incapability of maintaining the erectile penis for satisfactory sexual performance.Classification And Mechanism Of Action:
It belongs to the group of medicines called PDEF5 (phosphodiesterase type 5) inhibitors. It works by relaxing the vessels in the penis to allow maximum blood flow in the penis, providing a suitable erection, desirable for sexual activity.The medicine is used to give rock hardness to the penis when the man is sexually stimulated.
Looking After Your Drug:
- Make sure to read the label clearly and also check the expiry date of medicine.
- Keep it out of reach of children.
How To Take The Medication:
- Do not take this medicine with meals as it delays the onset of activity. The research has clearly indicated that taking the medication in fasting helps achieve the activity state quicker.
- Medicine should be taken one hour before the sexual activity.
- Remember the medicine should be administrated orally.
- You should only use this medicine when prescribed by a registered physician.
- The maximum dosage is 100mg/ day.
- The minimum dosage is 25mg/day. Usually, 50mg/day is recommended.
- Dosages are recommended on the basis of tolerability.
In case of overdose contact the emergency room or a hospital immediately.
Try not to miss a dose, but in case you missed a dose, then skip it, if it is time for the next dose.
Warnings And Precautions:
Before the pharmacological treatment is considered, it is important to have a look at the medical history of the patient. Moreover, a proper physical examination should also be conducted.
Possible Side Effects:
- Effects on vision, altered vision, vision blurred
- Effect on bleeding
- Nasal congestion
- Nonarteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy
- Sore throat
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Numbness of arm or leg
When The Drug Shouldn’t Be Used:
- Do not use this drug if you are taking nitrates because the combination may lead to a serious fall in the blood pressure.
- If you are allergic to Sildenafil or any other ingredient present in this medicine
- This medicine is specifically for men, so women should not take this medicine at any case.
- If you are suffering from severe liver or heart problem
How Long You Should Take The Drug:
Take this medicine as long as prescribed by the doctor.