Generic Viracept (Nelfinavir Mesilate)
Active ingredient: Nelfinavir
Product Code: PR10899
Nelfinavir (Viracpet) is an antiviral medicine that prevents HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) cells from spreading and multiplying in your body. This medicine is used for treating HIV, which causes AIDS (acquired immunodeficiency syndrome). However, it is not a cure for AIDS or HIVHow to take the medication
- · Take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your physician. Do not take in smaller or larger amounts or for than recommended by the doctor. You must follow all the directions on the prescription label.
- · This medicine works best when you take it with food.
- · Swallow the whole tablet.
- · For children above 14 years and adults the recommended dosage is 5 tablets of 250mg twice a day or 3 tablets of 750mg per day with meals.
- · For children under 13 years and above 2 years the dosage will be prescribed by your doctor, based on their weight.
Seek urgent medical help in case you overdose this medicine.Missed Dose
You can take the missed dose of Nelfinavir as soon as you remember. In case, if it is almost the time for the next dose, then you should skip the missed dose. Never take an additional dose to make up the missed dose.Warnings and Precautions
- · You must avoid sex without a condom (unprotected sex) or sharing toothbrushes, razors or needles.
- · Do not stop taking Viracept or change your intake schedule without talking to your physician. Do not share this medicine with anyone else.
Possible Side Effects
You should take urgent medical help if you have any of these symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as swelling of your throat, tongue, lips or face, hives and difficulty breathing. Some of the adverse reactions of this medicine include the following.
- · Severe lower back pain
- · Symptoms of a new infection, for example body aches, fever, chills, flu symptoms.
- · Loss of bowel control
- · high blood sugar (such as weight loss, blurred vision, dry skin, increased thirst, drowsiness, fruity breath odor, increased urination)
- · Problem with eye movement
- · Problem with swallowing
- · Problem with speech and breathing
- · pale skin
- · trouble in concentrating
- · rapid heart rate
When the drug should not be used
Do not take this medicine if you have had a serious allergic reaction. If you have phenylketonuria, then oral powder may not be appropriate for you as it contains phenylalanine.