Generic Actonel Price
Also known as: Actonel, Atelvia
Active ingredient: risedronate sodium
Product Code: PR10339
Actonel Risedronate is a medicine used against osteoporosis in males and females. It is also used to treat the Paget’s disease of bone. Risedronate increases bone mass, slow down the bone loss and strengthens bone.
Classification and Mechanism
Actonel Risedronate belongs to a class of drugs named as Bisphosphonates.
How to take the drug?
Risedronate is available in the form of a tablet and is taken orally. Swallow the Risedronate tablet with a lot of water and do not chew or crush the tablet.
When to take the drug?
Risedronate should be taken before eating or drinking anything, ideally in the morning before breakfast.
- For Paget – 30mg/day PO 60 days
- Osteoporosis in Men – 35mg PO once a week
- Glucocorticoid induced Osteoporosis – 5 mg/day
If you take one tablet daily and forget to take it, do not take it later during the day. You should miss the skipped dose and make sure you do not overdose the medicine in case of a missed one. If you take one tablet a week, you can take it the next morning and if you take one tablet a month, you can have the missed one till its 7 days before the next scheduled dose.
Over dosage can cause the following problems:
- Numbness or tingling in hands and feet
- Muscle cramps
When not to take the drug?
In case of the following conditions, Risedronate should not be used:
- Deficiency of Vitamin D
- Kidney diseases
- Muscle problems in esophagus
How to take care of Risedronate?
Listed below are some of the tips to ensure the finest utility of Risedronate:
- Keep the drug in an airtight container.
- Avoid exposure to direct heat and light.
- Store Risedronate at room temperature.
- Keep out of reach of children.
Warning and Precautions
Some of the Precautions that should be considered while taking the Risedronate drug include;
- Do not swallow the tablet with juice, tea, milk, coffee or dairy drinks.
- Swallow the tablet instantly after you place it in your mouth. Do not hold it for long.
- Do not chew, suck or crush the tablet.
- Do not drink or eat for 30 minutes after taking Risedronate.
- Do not lie down after having the tablet.
- Do not stop the intake of the tablet just because you feel fairly better. Consult your doctor before doing so.
Side effects of Risedronate
Like other drugs, Risedronate has the following side effects on the human body:
- Dry mouth
- Pain while urinating
- Leg cramps
- Chest pain