Bimat Eye Drops (Bimatoprost Ophthalmic)
Active ingredient: Bimatoprost Ophthalmic
Packaging Type: 3 ml bottle
Manufacturer : Ajanta Pharma Limited
Product Code: PR10055
Bimat eye drops are a medication for those seeking to alleviate intraocular pressure within the eye by increasing the natural flow of eye fluids. It is used for the treatment of glaucoma patients. This assists in preventing blindness. The eye drops are also taken to treat hypotrichosis (short eyelashes). It elongates, thickens and adds intensity to their color.Classification and Mechanism of Action
Bimat Eye Drops were originated in India by Ajanta Pharma Ltd. and their core active ingredient is Bimatoprost. Bimatoprost Latisse 0.03% is a solution belonging to the prostaglandin analogs class of medication. This works by reducing fluid content levels and raising the outward flow of fluids from the eyes, hence reducing pressure.Looking After your Drug
This solution is to be kept out of reach of children as well as pregnant women. It is to be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat.How to Take the Medication
Bimat Eye Drops should be applied to the eye once daily (preferably in the evening to avoid contact with sunlight) or as prescribed by a doctor. To apply, hold your eye open and carefully squeeze a few drops into your eye. Then, blink a few times to help spread the liquid over the eye.Overdose
In case of an overdose, consult a doctor or physician immediately for correct medical treatment.Missed Dose
In case of a missed dose, take the dose as soon as possible. However, if it is time for the next dose, skip the previous dose and take the next dose as per original plan.Warnings and precautions
- Consult doctor if you are allergic to bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03%.
- If you are treating Open Angle Glaucoma and Ocular Hypertension through some other medicine, then do not use this medicine, rather, purchase bimatoprost ophthalmic solution 0.03%.
- Ensure a gap of minimum 15 minutes between eye medications.
- Before taking the medicine, inform your doctor about all prescribed and non-prescribed drugs that you are consuming.
- If you are possibly at risk of Kidney or Liver Disease, inform your doctor before taking the medicine.
- If you had an injury or are at risk of an eye related injury or infection, ask your doctor before continuing usage.
- Pregnant or planning to get pregnant, than ensure you stay away from Lumigan
- Do not wear contact lenses while using this medicine as it may get absorbed the lenses.
- Never touch the dropper directly with your hands as it may get infected and lead to further infecting you eye.
Side effects are usually relatively mild and include: eye irritation, stinginess, redness, dryness, burning and watering. Increased light sensitivity and Iris discoloration may also occur. If any of these side effects persist or worsen, consult a physician immediately.A physician must also be consulted in case of occurrence of the following:
- Eye pain
- Red eyelids
- Swollen eyelids
- Changes to your vision
- During or before pregnancy
- While wearing contact lenses
- During the daytime (or when contact with sunlight is inevitable)
- Eye infection/injury
- Allergy to solution
Bimat Eye Drops are to be used for 12-16 weeks for maximum eyelash growth. Results are usually visible in approximately 8 weeks. However once use is stopped, eyelashes may return to normal condition. Hence, it should be used once a week after achieving desired results. If you are using the eye drops to treat glaucoma, ask a doctor as usage depends on intensity of ailment.