This medicine contains two active ingredients, 20 mg of Quinapril and 12,5 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide. Quinapril belongs to the group of medicines called angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors. ACE inhibitors do not allow the production of angiotensin II hormone which causes the compression of the blood vessels, so that they are relaxed and wide and the blood pressure is lowered. Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to a group of medicines called thiazide diuretics, also known as water tablets. These medicines cause the kidneys to produce more urine, and in that way they free your body from retaining the extra fluid. This medicine is prescribed for the treatment of high blood pressure and chronic heart failure (hearth is no longer able to pump blood as it should).
Is Accuretic suitable for me?
Accuretic is not suitable for everyone. Do not use it
- If you are allergic to Quinapril, Hydrochlorothiazide, other ACE inhibitor medicines, or other ingredients of this medicine
- if you are pregnant, or trying to get pregnant
- if you have hereditary/ idiopathic angioneurotic oedema (allergic reaction)
- if you have aortic stenosis (narrowing of the main blood vessel from the heart).
- If you have kidney disease or problems with urination (anuria - a condition in which daily produces less than 100 ml of urine / day)
- If you have diabetes
In particular, you must tell the doctor if you:
- have a heart problem.
- have diabetes
- have kidney or liver problems
- are having dialysis
- have problems with your immune system
- have asthma
- have atherosclerosis (fatty deposits on the walls of your arteries).
- have peripheral vascular disease (poor circulation).
- have collagen vascular disease, assystemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) or scleroderma.
- have cardiomyopathy (heart muscle disease), or aortic stenosis (narrowing of the main blood vessel from your heart)
- have systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) - a disease of the immune system
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
Hemokvin Plus interacts with other medicines. It is most important that you tell the doctor all the medications and herbal supplements that you are currently taking.
See the package leaflet for a complete list of possible contraindications and warnings.
How should I take Accuretic?
This medicine is available in form of a film-coated tablet.
You should take Hemokvin Plus exactly as instructed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- The usual dose is one tablet per day. It can be sometimes increased to two tablets taken together or separately.
Do not use more of it, do not use it more often, or do not use it for a longer time than your doctor instructed. Also, this medicine works best if there is a constant amount in the blood. To help keep this amount constant, do not miss any doses and take the medicine at the same time each day. Do not take two doses together if you miss a dose.
Read the information leaflet provided with your medication for additional information. Talk to your doctor if you have any additional questions.
What are Accuretic side effects?
Like all medicines Hemokvin Plus can cause side effects, including:
- dizziness, headache
- nausea, vomiting,
- diarrhea, indigestion
- skin rash
- chest pain
- sleep problems
- tiredness; weakness;
- widening of blood vessels
- back pain
- low blood pressure
- pain in the muscle
- coughing; throat infection
- depression; nervousness; confusion
- fluid retention
- kidney and urinary problems, urinary tract infection
- numbness or tingling sensation in your limbs, aching joints
- inflammation of your sinuses (sinusitis)
- reduced vision
- ringing or noises in the ears
- dizziness due to problems with the inner ear
- dry mouth or throat
- excessive sweating
- skin rash
- inability to achieve penile erection
- viral infection
Consult a doctor if the side effects are severe. See the package leaflet for a complete list of side effects.