Buy Generic Galvus (Vildagliptin)
Product Code: PR10910
What is this drug?
This medicine is recommended for the patients of diabetes as the main function of this drug is to control the blood sugar level.
Classification and Mechanism of Action
This drug is a potent, orally active and selective inhibitor of dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-4). The mechanism of action takes place in 2 steps of this slow binding inhibitor that is both competitive and reversible.
Looking after your Drug
- Keep the medicine in original container
- Place the medicine in a cool, dry place and away from the reach of the children
How to Take the Medication
- Make sure to read the printed information leaflet by the manufacturer of this drug
- Take this drug exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take in smaller or larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
- You can take water to swallow this tablet.
Generally, 50mg tablets are mostly recommended by doctors for twice a day. However, your doctor may even prescribe you 1 tablet a day depending on what other drugs you are taking.
In case of overdose, take the patient to the nearest emergency room or contact your doctor.
In case you skip a dose, then you should take the missed dose as soon as you remember you missed it. You can skip the missed dose, if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose.
Possible Side Effects
Some of the possible side effects of this drug include the following
- Skin reddeing or itching
- Peeling of skin or blister
- Abdominal pain
- Swelling of hands
- Feet or ankle
- Low blood glucose
Warning & Precaution
- Refrain from operating machines or driving car as this drug may cause fatigue or dizziness.
- There is a high risk that the patient may develop skin blisters or foot ulcers
- Keep a check on blood sugar level and liver function while taking this drug.
When the drug should not be used?
This drug should not be taken if the patient is suffering from severe kidney disease.
How long should you take the drug?
You should strictly follow the dosing schedule, and keep on taking this drug exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Your doctor will decide when to stop the intake of the drug after checking your blood sugar level.